Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Funeral

Daddy Mike's Aunt Linda died this week and her funeral was today. I drove him and the kids up to see his family and attend the funeral. Now for a soon to be ex-husband he's not a bad guy. Our relationship just wasn't grounded in the right priorities and we ended up staying together as long as we did for the kids, and that was destined to make us both miserable. The more miserable we were the more we fought and the more we fought the more the kids sufferred. Did I ever love him,yes, and a part of me always will. I would like to see us make it to the point we can be friends. So here I sit in the parking lot of his Uncle's apartment as to keep the conflicts with the family at a minimum. Will he ever understand that I had come to see his Aunt Linda and Uncle Jackie as family, probably not. Will I miss her, yes I will, does the family care about that fact, of course not. But the fact the kids are here is important to the family and I cannot deny them that.
Mikey will admit that he raised his hand to me at least once and that it carried some very serious consequenses. Does anyone believe he would do that of course not, they can't even believe he ever had a relationship with Kelly. I do wish that if Kelly is the one to make him happy that they just be open about it. If he was honest with me about it I would be more open to having her around my kids and in my home. Why can't people see that we saw it best to part ways and that the decision to do so and have our own lives was made before I started seeing Michael. There was a time that we were happy with having one another as well as each loving someone else, but we have moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment